TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) is a series of modular courses. You can take each course individually and decide how and when you take the courses and exams.
|Specialist module||TKT: YL (Young Learners)|
|This covers how do you teach Young Learners? What do you need to adapt? What are the classroom considerations?|
|Why just the YL Module?||The YL module is the most relevant and pragmatic to find teaching roles to young kids here in Singapore.|
What does the Young Learners module cover?
This module examines:
- learning and development in young learners
- the strategies and skills required to teach young learners aged 6–12 years
- lesson planning, the activities and resources needed to support young learners
- lesson delivery and assessment in young learner contexts.
For full details, download the TKT: YL handbook.
The YL Module Will have a paperbased assessment under Cambridge Approved Exam Conditions. The YL Module Assessment is 80 minutes and costs $400. If you do our YL Preparation course the cost is $100.
You can register to take TKT anytime but be sure to check our Assessment Dates. These are bi monthly
|MODULE||COURSE FORMAT||COURSE DETAILS|
|Young Learner(24hrs) 8 weeks||Available Monday 7:00pm – 10.00pm 3 hrs (8 weeks)(online)|
|Course Fee||Discounts||Other Information|
|Young Learners (YL) $1498||CAIC CELTA graduates $500 off Partner Schools $300 off||Assessment Fees $400|
|WDA subsidy + Skills Future Credit|
You can register for any module by registering below.
You can take TKT whatever your background and teaching experience. It is suitable if you are:
- either a pre-service or a practising teacher
- teaching primary, secondary or adult learners
- a non-first language or first language English speaker
- a teacher who wants to gain formal recognition of your experience, keep your teaching skills up to date and develop your career opportunities.
You ideally need to have English proficiency at CEFR Level B1 or above or IELTS 5.0.
* denotes required field.
- Ensure your Web Browser is updated. Older versions of browsers may not be compatible;
- Should be receiving a confirmation email from us upon completing this form. Please check your spam box (especially hotmail accounts). Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 65362193 if you have not yet received the email confirmation within 1 day.