If you want a qualification, check to see if the TESOL qualification meets the standards in the COUNTRIES ABOVE. CELTA meets them and is the international industry benchmark for TESOL/TEFL courses. This is an initial qualification for people with a lot, little or no previous teaching experience and opens up a whole world of exciting teaching opportunities. Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the world famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition. CELTA is Cambridge’s very own TESOL product. And it’s the only TESOL course with this level of recognition. Please download the above PDF image.
Over 10,000 people successfully complete a CELTA course each year.
- be aged 18 or over
- have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels.IELTS 7.0, PTE 80. YOU DON’T NEED TO DO IELTS or PTE. A final interview is mandatory for acceptance.
We may still accept you if you do not have formal qualifications at this level but can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete the course successfully. We may, at our discretion, accept applicants aged between 18 and 20.
- Submit the Online Registration Form and resume (online) and pay a $100 Registration Fee (look under Course Fee below).
- Based on your application and resume, you will be sent the pre interview written tasks. Please allocate about 2 to 3 hours for this and submit within 14 days of your Online Registration.
- Based on the results of your pre interview written task and application form, we will invite you for an interview.
- Following your interview you will be notified whether you have been accepted onto the course. If accepted, a Letter of Offer will be sent to you to be signed and returned to us along with a payment of $1,300 to secure your place. If you are not accepted, then the Registration Fee (less $50 administrative charges) would be refunded to you within 5 working days
You are assessed throughout the course on your:
- 6 hours of teaching practice/ 8-9 sessions (lesson planning, class teaching and self-evaluation)
- 4 written assignments (totaling 1500 words)Your performance is measured against criteria which you are given at the start of the course. There is no final examination. Generally you need to pass at least 6 of 8 Teaching Practice sessions and not resubmit any assignment more than twice.
Worldwide CELTA grades in 2011:
4% Pass A23% Pass B68% Pass1% withdrawn4% fail
- The principles of effective teaching;
- provides a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners;
- gives you hands-on teaching practice
There are five main units of learning:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.How to teach speaking, writing, reading, listening, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, function and form
You will be learning:
- To teach adults in a variety of contexts including general English, business English, exam preparation classes, and how to adapt these methodologies to the young learners classroom
- lesson planning
- how to use or adapt course books and design your own classroom materials
- language analysis and awareness
- factors affecting motivation, cultural backgrounds and learner styles
- teaching practice preparation
- detailed feedback of your teaching practice
MODE OF DELIVERY: Part Time 7 or 8 weeks. Student Ratio is 6:1
CERTIFICATION: University of Cambridge
- The Cambridge University CELTA is a sought after teaching qualification worldwide.
- Employers are likely to ask is you have the Cambridge University CELTA. It is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English language teachers.
- The courses are validated, and syllabus and assessment criteria are fixed by, the University of Cambridge.
- Every CELTA course is moderated by an external assessor which means you are assured you are receiving appropriate level of training and that the trainers are doing their job to an approved standard.
- Each CELTA trainer has to be approved by the University of Cambridge.
- You are guaranteed a maximum of 6 trainees to 1 tutor.